You have connected Casdoor and configured more than one application in an organization. You want users to sign in once to any app in nomeguythe organization, and then be able to sign in when they go to another app, without any extra clicks.
We offer this single sign-on, you just need to:
- Enable Auto signin button.
- Fill in the URL for home page.
- Add a Silent Signin function to the application home page.
The basic sign in process provided by Casdoor allows users to log in to other applications in the organization by selecting the user who is currently logged in or using another account.
After enable the auto signin, the selection box will not display, the logged user will log in directly.
- Fill the field home. It can be the application's home page or the login page.
2. Enable Auto signin button.
Add Silent Signin
In fact, we implement auto login by carrying parameters on the URL. So your applications need to have a method to trigger the login after jumping to the URL. We provide casdoor-react-sdk for you to quickly implement the feature. You can see details in use-in-react.
How it works
- In the URL to the application home page, we will carry the
- In your HomePage to determine whether you need to log in silently(automatically) by the parameter
silentSignin. If silentSignin === 1, the function returns the SilentSignin component, it will help you initiate a login request. And since you have auto-login enabled, users will log in automatically without clicking.
The configuration is complete, below will show you how to use auto login.
Make sure in your application can redirect to user's profile page. The API getMyProfileUrl(account, returnUrl) is provided in our SDK for each language.
Open the profile page and go to the home page. You will see other apps in the organization.
Click the application panel, will jump to the url you set in configuration and automatically log in to the application.